It’s common knowledge at this point that the Intel 14th gen release date is right around the corner with leaks coming from all quarters. However, the latest reveal is both the most official yet and the most comprehensive as official Intel documentation has revealed the full Intel 14th gen CPU lineup.
You can find our Intel Core i9-14900K review here.
The reveal comes via one of Intel‘s Product Change Notifications (PCNs), which it issues to partners to signal things like product recalls, changes, and updates. In this case, the PCN doc was simply a notice to suppliers that the specification for shipping trays was to change, to improve the sturdiness of the trays. However, also shown is a list of CPUs that are compatible with the new trays, and these include a full list of Intel 14th gen chips.
The lineup is extensive, with 21 processors listed as part of the Raptor Lake refresh lineup. These include expected chips, such as the Core i9-14900K, Core i7-14700K, and Core i5-14600K but also show many other variants – though notably none conform to the rumored change from using Core i9 to Core Ultra naming scheme.
The full range of desktop Intel 14th gen processors is:
- Intel Core i5 processor 14400T 99CFD8 CM8071505092805 S RN3N
- Intel Core i5 processor 14500T 99CFD9 CM8071505092904 S RN3P
- Intel Core i5 processor 14400 99CFDA CM8071505093012 S RN3Q
- Intel Core i5 processor 14400F 99CFDC CM8071505093011 S RN3R
- Intel Core i5 processor 14500 99CFDH CM8071505093104 S RN3T
- Intel Core i9 processor 14900T 99CFDN CM8071504820406 S RN3U
- Intel Core i9 processor 14900 99CFDP CM8071504820609 S RN3V
- Intel Core i9 processor 14900F 99CFDT CM8071504820610 S RN3W
- Intel Core i7 processor 14700K 99CFDW CM8071504820721 S RN3X
- Intel Core i7 processor 14700KF 99CFF1 CM8071504820722 S RN3Y
- Intel Core i7 processor 14700F 99CFF2 CM8071504820816 S RN3Z
- Intel Core i7 processor 14700 99CFF3 CM8071504820817 S RN40
- Intel Core i7 processor 14700T 99CFF4 CM8071504820908 S RN41
- Intel Core i5 processor 14600KF 99CFF5 CM8071504821014 S RN42
- Intel Core i5 processor 14600K 99CFF6 CM8071504821015 S RN43
- Intel Core i5 processor 14600 99CFF7 CM8071504821018 S RN44
- Intel Core i5 processor 14600T 99CFF8 CM8071504821019 S RN45
- Intel Core i5 processor 14400 99CFF9 CM8071504821112 S RN46
- Intel Core i5 processor 14400F 99CFFA CM8071504821113 S RN47
- Intel Core i9 processor 14900K 99CFFC CM8071505094017 S RN48
- Intel Core i9 processor 14900KF 99CFFD CM8071505094018 S RN49
Several of these configurations will never be purchasable by consumers but instead be intended for pre-built systems, but some such as the KF variants should see the light of day. Notable, though, is that there’s no mention of an Intel Core i9-14900KS – the 13900KS is currently Intel’s fastest processor. However, that’s likely due to this chip having a later release date, with it potentially being earmarked for a early to mid 2024 release date, to refresh the company’s CPU lineup.
Early benchmarks show that the Intel Core i9-14900KF is the fastest single-core CPU, overtaking the i9-13900KS. However, we’ll have to wait until October 17th to get the full story.
Will you be making a beeline for any of the Intel 14th gen CPUs, or will you be sticking to our existing best CPU options? Let us know your thoughts on the Custom PC Facebook page, via Twitter, or join our Custom PC and Gaming Setup Facebook group and tap into the knowledge of our 420,000+ members.