The Baldur’s Gate 3 release date is upon us and while you’re impatiently waiting for the game to download, any Intel Arc graphics users should also take the opportunity to download the latest Intel Arc graphics driver 184.108.40.20678 as well.
The new release adds official Intel Game On Driver support for the new D&D RPG, which should ensure the game runs smoothly, though Intel doesn’t highlight any specific performance increase or stability fixes with the latest driver release.
The third title in the Baldur’s Gate series has been a long time in the making, with the latest instalment of the game, Baldur’s Gate 2, being release all the way back in the year 2000. The new game brings all the sorts of enhancements you’d expect with uprated graphics, new combat systems, new D&D races, and much, much more. As such, the Baldur’s Gate 3 system requirements have unsurprisingly increased considerably.
As for the rest of the Intel Arc 220.127.116.1178 driver, it includes no other extra features but instead includes a list of known issues to look out for. The full release feature list is shown below.
Game On Driver for Intel Arc Graphics for Baldur’s Gate 3!
Intel Game On Drivers deliver the best experience for gamers playing on Intel Graphics with optimized launch-day patches and performance updates as new games release.
Intel Arc Graphics Products:
- Shadow of The Tomb Raider (DX11) may experience an application crash after loading to game menu.
- System may hang while waking up from sleep. May need to power cycle the system for recovery.
- GPU hardware acceleration may not be available for media playback and encode with some versions of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Topaz Video AI may experience errors when using some models for video enhancement.
- Blender 3.6 may experience an application crash during render operations when Hardware Ray Tracing is enabled.
- Adobe After Effects may experience an application crash during render operations.
Intel Iris Xe MAX Graphics Products:
- Driver installation may not complete successfully on certain notebook systems with both Intel® Iris™ Xe + Iris™ Xe MAX devices. A system reboot and re-installation of the graphics driver may be required for successful installation.
Intel Core Processor Products:
- Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 (DX12) may exhibit corruption on certain light sources such as fire.
Intel Arc Control known issues
- Using Arc Control Studio capture with certain games may incorrectly generate multiple video files.
- With Intel® Arc Control installed, systems may experience slightly higher than expected power consumption during system sleep or hibernate.
- The Camera on-screen preview may incorrectly persist when switching between Desktop and Overlay modes.
- The “Connector” type in the Display page may incorrectly show DP when using an HDMI display connection.
- May observe “stream has already ended” pop-up after the power events with Capture/Highlights/Broadcast
- Intel Graphics Driver
- Intel Media SDK Runtime (18.104.22.168)
- Intel oneVPL GPU Runtime (22.214.171.124)
- Intel Graphics Compute Runtime for OpenCL Driver
- Vulkan3 Runtime Installer
- Intel Graphics Driver Installer (1.0.797.4)
- oneAPI Level Zero Loader and Validation Layer
- Intel Graphics Compute Runtime for OneAPI Level Zero specification
- Intel Arc Control installer (1.70.5084.2)
- Intel Driver Support AssistantHH
You can download the Intel Arc & Iris driver 126.96.36.19978 here.
None of Intel’s Arc graphics card are currently on our best graphics card list but the Intel Arc A770 is a very competitive card in many modern games. It can easily outpace the RTX 3060 in many scenarios, one of which could well be the new Baldur’s Gate game.
Are you intent on playing Baldur’s Gate 3 and rocking an Intel GPU? Let us know your thoughts on the Custom PC Facebook page, via Twitter, or join our Custom PC and Gaming Setup Facebook group and tap into the knowledge of our 400,000+ members.