Intel has released its new Intel Game On Arc Graphics driver that brings game support, performance improvements, and bug fixes for a raft of games, including Minecraft Legends and Dead Island 2.
The new release adds official support for Boundary, Dead Island 2, Minecraft Legends, and Total War: Warhammer III – Mirror of Madness, ensuring those games work properly on the company’s Intel Arc graphics cards.
Performance improvements are also provided for Dead Space Remake, F1 22, Dying Light 2: Stay Human, DiRT 5, and Deathloop, with frame rate gains of up to 62% in some titles, though most gains are between 5-10%.
Bug fixes have also been provided for Microsoft Flight Simulator (DX11), Sea of Thieves (DX11), Bright Memory Infinite Ray Tracing Benchmark (DX12), and Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve. Issues such as application crashes, color corruption, and low performance have been resolved in these titles.
Intel’s Arc graphics cards didn’t get the best of starts when they launched, with terrible performance in older games that didn’t use the latest DirectX 12 (DX12) API. However, after a stream of driver updates performance has steadily improved, and prices of the cards have dropped too, making them a much more competitive option.
Download the Intel Arc Graphics driver 101.4311 for Windows 10 and 11 here.
Intel Game On Driver support on Intel Arc A-series Graphics for:
- Minecraft Legends
- Total War: Warhammer III – Mirror of Madness
- Dead Island 2
Game performance improvements versus Intel 126.96.36.19957 software driver for:
Dead Space Remake (DX12)
- Up to 55% uplift at 1080p with Ultra settings on Arc A750
- Up to 63% uplift at 1440p with High settings on Arc A750
F1 22 (DX12)
- Up to 6% uplift at 1440p with High settings on Arc A770
- Up to 7% uplift at 1440p with High settings on Arc A750
- Up to 17% uplift at 1080p with Ultra High Ray Tracing settings on Arc A750
Dying Light 2 Stay Human (DX12)
- Up to 6% uplift at 1080p with High Ray Tracing settings preset on Arc A770
- Up to 7% uplift at 1440p with High Ray Tracing settings preset on Arc A770
Dirt 5 (DX12)
- Up to 8% uplift at 1080p with Ultra High Ray Tracing settings on Arc A750
- Up to 4% uplift at 1440p with Ultra High Ray Tracing settings on Arc A750
- Up to 4% uplift at 1080p with Very High and Ray Tracing Performance settings on Arc A750
- Up to 6% uplift at 1440p with Very High and Ray Tracing Performance settings on Arc A750
Intel Arc Graphics Products:
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (DX11) may experience application crash during gameplay.
- Sea of Thieves (DX11) may exhibit color corruption on water edges.
Bright Memory Infinite Ray Tracing Benchmark (DX12) may experience lower than expected performance.
- Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve may exhibit color corruption with Optical Flow.
Intel Arc Graphics Products:
- System may hang while waking up from sleep. May need to power cycle the system for recovery.
- GPU hardware acceleration may not be available for media playback and encode with some versions of Adobe Premiere Pro.
Topaz Video AI may experience errors when using some models for video enhancement.
- Intel Iris Xe MAX Graphics Products:
- Driver installation may not complete successfully on certain notebook systems with both Intel Iris Xe + Iris Xe MAX devices. A system reboot and re-installation of the graphics driver may be required for successful installation.
Intel Core Processor Products:
- Total War: Warhammer III (DX11) may experience an application crash when loading battle scenarios.
- Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 (DX12) may exhibit corruption on certain light sources such as fire.
- Conqueror’s Blade (DX12) may experience an application crash during game launch.
- A Plague Tale: Requiem (DX12) may experience application instability during gameplay.
- Battlefield: 2042 (DX12) may exhibit color corruption at the game menu.
- Crime boss (DX12) may experience texture flickering when XESS is enabled.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 may experience color corruption in QuickPlay Lobby
None of the Intel Arc cards are currently on our list of best graphics cards but with regular driver improvements that may well change in the future. For now, be sure to check it out for our pick of the best cards to buy right now.