The latest Intel Arc and Iris graphics driver is now available for download. Intel driver 126.96.36.19969 adds official Game On Driver support for three new games as well as providing large performance improvements for those games. A handful of known issues have also been fixed.
The now officially supported games are The Outlast Trials, The Lord of the Rings: Gollum, and Starship Troopers: Extermination Early Access, with all three games receiving a boost in performance of between 4 percent and 65 percent, as compared to running on driver version 188.8.131.5235.
If you want to run The Outlast Trials, you can also check if your PC can run the recommended and minimum The Outlast Trials System Requirements.
As for the fixed issues, these include problems with Battlefield 2042, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and Arc control. The full list of Intel Arc 184.108.40.20669 highlights, fixes and known issues is below.
Download the Intel Arc Graphics driver 220.127.116.1169 for Windows 10 and 11 here.
Intel Game On Driver support on Intel Arc A-series Graphics for:
- The Outlast Trials
- The Lord of the Rings: Gollum
- Starship Troopers: Extermination Early Access
Game performance improvements versus Intel 18.104.22.16835 software driver for:
- The Outlast Trials (DX12)
- Up to 65% uplift at 1080p with Ultra settings
- Up to 52% uplift at 1440p with High settings
- The Lord of the Rings: Gollum (DX12)
- Up to 4% uplift at 1080p with Epic settings
- Up to 11% uplift at 1440p with High settings
- Minecraft Bedrock (DXR)
- Up to 30% uplift at 1080p with Ray Tracing enabled at 8 RT chunks
- Up to 34% uplift at 1440p with Ray Tracing enabled at 8 RT chunks
- Up to 28% uplift at 1440p with Ray Tracing enabled at 24 RT chunks
Intel Core Processor Products:
- Battlefield: 2042 (DX12) may exhibit color corruption at the game menu.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (DX12) may experience color corruption in Quick Play Lobby
Intel Arc Control fixed issues:
- Windows UAC Admin is required to install and launch Arc Control.
- The Live Performance Monitoring page may not apply the desired removal of some performance metric tiles.
- The Resizable BAR status may show an incorrect value on systems with multiple Intel® Graphics Adapters.
Intel Arc Graphics Products:
- The Last of Us (DX12) may experience an application crash during gameplay.
- System may hang while waking up from sleep. May need to power cycle the system for recovery.
- GPU hardware acceleration may not be available for media playback and encode with some versions of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Topaz Video AI may experience errors when using some models for video enhancement.
Intel Core Processor Products:
- Total War: Warhammer III (DX11) may experience an application crash when loading battle scenarios.
- Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 (DX12) may exhibit corruption on certain light sources such as fire.
- Conqueror’s Blade (DX12) may experience an application crash during game launch.
- A Plague Tale: Requiem (DX12) may experience application instability during gameplay
Intel Arc Control known issues:
- Using Arc Control Studio capture with certain games may incorrectly generate multiple video files.
- With Intel® Arc Control installed, systems may experience slightly higher than expected power consumption during system sleep or hibernate.
- May observe “could not stop Highlights” notification when stopping Auto-Game Highlights.
- The Camera on-screen preview may incorrectly persist when switching between Desktop and Overlay modes.
- The “Connector” type in the Display page may incorrectly show DP* when using an HDMI* display connection
- Intel® Graphics Driver
- Intel® Media SDK Runtime (22.214.171.124)
- Intel® oneVPL GPU Runtime (126.96.36.199)
- Intel® Graphics Compute Runtime for OpenCL* Driver
- Vulkan*3 Runtime Installer
- Intel® Graphics Driver Installer (1.0.778)
- oneAPI Level Zero Loader and Validation Layer
- Intel® Graphics Compute Runtime for OneAPI Level Zero specification
- Intel® Arc™ Control installer (1.68.4938.6)
- Intel® Driver Support Assistant
None of the Intel Arc cards are currently on our list of best graphics cards but with regular driver improvements that may well change in the future. For now, be sure to check it out for our pick of the best cards to buy right now.