Intel has released its latest Intel Arc graphics driver version 220.127.116.1172, which includes several fixes for Starfield, including solving game instability issues and visual artifacts. The new Intel GPU driver also reduces load time for the new Bethesda space-exploration RPG.
Elsewhere, the driver includes no other listed fixes, but Intel says ‘efforts [are] in progress to further improve overall gaming experience of Starfield for Intel Arc users in future driver updates’. Outside of Starfield, Intel lists no other benefits to this latest driver release.
The full list of Intel Arc 18.104.22.16872 driver highlights, fixes, and known issues is below.
For more information on Starfield, you can head over to StarfieldDB, which is packed with information about every aspect of the game. Our sister site PCGamesN also has loads of information about the Starfield background, as well as Starfield weapons, and Starfield companions as well as a Starfield review.
Download the Intel Arc Graphics driver 22.214.171.12472 for Windows 10 and 11 here.
Intel Arc Graphics Products:
- Starfield (DX12) Game load duration is significantly reduced.
- Starfield (DX12) may experience instability and application crash while launching and during gameplay.
- Starfield (DX12) may exhibit texture corruptions and scene flickers during gameplay.
Intel Arc Graphics Products:
- Starfield (DX12) may experience application instability in some areas of the game.
- Starfield (DX12) may exhibit corruption when using Dynamic Resolution Scaling. A workaround is to change the Render Resolution Scale slider value.
- Starfield (DX12) may exhibit texture flickering on light sources during gameplay.
- Starfield (DX12) may exhibit low texture details on certain objects in the game.
- UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection (DX12) may exhibit texture corruption on characters.
- Halo Infinite (DX12) campaign may experience an application crash on some system configurations.
- Dead by Daylight (DX11) may experience an application crash during gameplay.
- Topaz Video AI may experience errors when using some models for video enhancement.
- Adobe After Effects may experience an application crash during render operations.
- Device fan may ramp up frequently on certain Intel® Arc™ Graphics products.
Intel Core Control known issues:
- Using Arc Control Studio capture with certain games may incorrectly generate multiple video files.
- The “Connector” type in the Display page may incorrectly show DP when using an HDMI display connection.
- May observe ‘stream has already ended’ pop-up after the power events with Capture/Highlights/Broadcast toggle on.
- Performance Graphs may scale incorrectly after waking up from sleep.
- Intel Graphics Driver
- Intel Media SDK Runtime (126.96.36.199)
- Intel oneVPL GPU Runtime (188.8.131.52)
- Intel Graphics Compute Runtime for OpenCL Driver
- Vulkan3 Runtime Installer
- Intel Graphics Driver Installer (1.0.820.5) oneAPI Level Zero Loader and Validation Layer
- Intel Graphics Compute Runtime for OneAPI Level Zero specification
- Intel Arc Control installer (1.71.5235.2)
- Intel Driver Support Assistant
None of the Intel Arc cards are currently on our guide to the best graphics card, but with regular driver improvements like these that may well change in the future. For now, be sure to check out that guide for our pick of the best cards to buy right now.